Activision and Treyarch have announced that Call of Duty: Black Ops 3’s Salvation DLC pack will be launching this week for both PC and Xbox One after a month of exclusivity on PlayStation 4.
Salvation, which is the fourth and final DLC pack for Black Ops 3, follows the same format as past Black Ops 3 DLC packs, as in it includes four new maps for the game’s competitive multiplayer mode and a single new map for the game’s cooperative Zombies mode. The official descriptions for Salvation’s new maps are as follows (text courtesy of Activision):
- Citadel: Once home to a powerful medieval army, this ancient castle now sits broken and abandoned. Tight corners force close-quarters engagements, while the moat and drawbridge allows for unique player movement opportunities in this mid-sized map. The last trespassers didn’t make it out alive – maybe you’ll have a better shot.
- Micro:What’s better than a BBQ on a hot summer day? A miniaturized war zone that takes place on a well-stocked family picnic table, that’s what! Navigate this bite-size battlefield for a larger-than-life experience.
- Outlaw: Gear up for a showdown in Outlaw; a western-style re-imagining of the fan favorite map Standoff from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. This rough-and-tough medium-sized map brings classic engagements, flanking routes and strategic positions for long and medium ranged combat.
- Rupture: The Call of Duty: World at War classic Outskirts is re-imagined as a high-tech facility, designed by a futuristic society desperate to repair the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Revelations: The long-awaited final chapter in the Origins Zombies saga. In Revelations, we meet up with the Origins characters after they’ve taken an epic journey through space and time – all of their struggles lead to this very moment. In this, the final chapter of the Zombies experience, Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai finally come face to face with the mysterious Doctor Monty in The House. Confronted by an ancient evil, our heroes must fight the zombie horde once more in the final battle to save their immortal souls.
The Salvation DLC pack is available for free to those who previously bought Black Ops 3’s $49.99 season pass. If you don’t own the season pass but you still want to buy Salvation, you can do so for $14.99.