This guide will show you the best laptop deals for Black Friday 2016. We’re hitting all the major players, including Amazon, Best Buy and Newegg. We’ll be sure to add more as we start to seeing them pop up. Of course, if you don’t see the right deal for you listed here today, check back often and we’ll have updates as retailers announce new sales that might be more appealing.
Amazon Black Friday Laptop Deals 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 2-1 11.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Tablet) - $339.99
- Lenovo High Performance 17.3-Inch Laptop - 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD - $400.04
- Dell Inspiron 15.6-Inch High Performance Laptop - 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD - $563.45
- HP 15.6-Inch High Performance Flagship Laptop - 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD - $558.04
- ASUS K Seires Laptop - 15.6-Inches - 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GTX 950M - $949.99
Those are five laptops that stuck out to us when we looked at what Amazon is offering. The Lenovo ThinkPad is going to be appealing to those who mainly stick to social media, email and YouTube. The Lenovo High Performance is a middle-of-the-road laptop, so it’ll get you by for common tasks. The Dell Inspiron and HP are similar on the surface, so if you’re debating one of those, be sure to compare the finer specs before deciding. Lastly, the ASUS is a bit more high-end with the GTX 950M, but it appears to only come with a 256GB SSD. This looks to be intended as a gaming laptop, but we think you’ll find that space is a major issue. We didn’t see any listing for an HDD, just the 256GB SSD.
Best Buy Black Friday Laptop Deals 2016
- Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 11.6-Inch Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD - $599.99
- Acer Aspire 2-in-1 15.6-Inch Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD - $599.99
- HP Pavilion 2-in-1 13.3-Inch Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD - $599.99
Those are the only three laptops listed under Best Buy’s Black Friday deals, although there are plenty more laptops and deals to sort through. At first glance, the Lenovo on Best Buy looks like the Lenovo ThinkPad from Amazon. However, the Best Buy version has twice as much memory (RAM) and lists an i5 processor, while its counterpart from Amazon isn’t clear in those regards. The final two laptops listed on Best Buy are going to run you $600, and nothing immediately jumps out as a great deal. Small to average display sizes, and the HP Pavilion has the same issue as the ASUS from Amazon - only its SSD is smaller. Probably best to wait and see if Best Buy offers better deals as Black Friday approaches.
Newegg Black Friday Laptop Deals 2016
- MSI 17.3-Inch Apache Pro - i7, 12GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1060 - $1,329
- Lenovo 15.6-Inch Laptop - i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 950M - $769
- Acer Aspire 10.1-Inch 2-in-1 Laptop - 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC (Storage) - $159.99
- Lenovo Flex 15.6-Inch Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB RAM, GeForce 940M, 256GB SSD - $599.99
- Lenovo N22 11.6-Inch Chromebook - 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC (Storage) - $149.99
The Newegg Black Friday laptop deals for 2016 cover a lot of ground. The MSI is a high-end laptop that is suitable for PC gaming. It has the SSD and HDD it needs (unlike the HP from Best Buy and ASUS from Amazon), plus the memory, screen size and processor to back it up. It’ll cost you though. The Lenovo 15.6-inch i7 is also a good option, with similar specs. The price difference is almost certainly tied to the different graphics cards each machine has, so spend some time finding out what you need and pick carefully. The final three are a mix of touch-screen laptops and a Chromebook. When you get into this territory, it’s about matching needs with price. The Chromebook is for very simply needs (email, social media, YouTube), and the Acer Aspire isn’t far behind.
Overall, we’d advise that you monitor these deals and wait. It’s still early, so you’re likely to see something better come up before Black Friday 2016. Buy if you see something too good to be true, but we just don’t think we’re there yet.