For Honor is a medieval paradise for all players to enjoy and the Warden is argubly one of the best Knights in the game. In this Warden guide, we'll be breaking down everything you need to know about the Warden, including all of his move-sets and button combos.
The Wardens are powerful, noble warriors dedicated to the defense of their land and their people. Striking a balance between defense and offense, wardens wear partial plate armor with chainmail and leather. Wardens wield massive two-handed longswords for slashing enemies and blocking attacks. Wardens are trained to be proud, loyal, and brilliant diplomats, the Wardens are expected to embody the highest values of Knighthood.
Warden Faction: Part of the Knights faction.
Warden Armor: The Warden's armor is a set of interwoven metal plates atop chainmail, topped by a faceplated helmet to protect against a stray arrow or blade strike, and completed by segmentation along the torso, arms, and legs to provide greater dexterity in battle. They wear a visored barbuta helmet with crosses engraved on both sides.
Warden Weapon: Longsword - This two-handed longsword is a two-edged sword with a leather-wrapped pommel. They remain versatile weapons in spite of their size, offering a balance of offense and defense. These fine blades are the signature weapons of the Wardens of the Iron Legion.
- Body Count - Passive - Killing a soldier grants you health and stamina.
- Conqueror - Passive - Capture and upgrade control zones faster.
- Come At Me - Gain more Renown from kills, but take more Damage from Attacks.
- Inspire - Nearby allies deal more Damage, and soldiers fight faster.
- Fiat Lux - Throw a flash grenade that blinds enemies for a few seconds.
- Thick Blood - Passive - Gain immunity from regular bleed damage.
- Second Wind - Recover some of your health.
- Pugno Mortis - Throw an explosive projectile dealing damage over an area.
- Takedown - Throws make enemies fall to the ground.
- Catapult - Call a catapult strike over an area.
- Stalwart Banner - Nearby allies continuously regain health.
- Morale Booster - Improve the attacks of nearby allies for a short duration.
Warden Special Capabilities:
- Interrupts attacks with standard block
- Highly effective defensive mode
- Unblockable shield-based attacks
Warden Fighting Style: The Wardens are a jack-of-all-trade hero who roam the battlefield with their impressive longswords. They have a balanced mixture of defensive and offensive abilities and are relatively easy to learn.
The Warden, like all Vanguard heroes, makes a great choice for new players, as it is among the easiest classes to learn in For Honor.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Adaptable Fighting Style
- Straight-Forward Strategy
Warden's Reown: Earn more Renown in the fights you are outnumbered in, by controlling objectives, and by also eliminating enemy soldiers to unlock your character’s feats in a match.
Warden's Revenge Mode: Boosts Damage and Health values. All your Attacks are now Uninterruptible. Throws and Parry knock enemies down. Attacks are also Auto-Parried on activation.
- Renown - Earn more Renown in outnumbered fights, by controlling objectives, and by killing enemy soldiers to unlock your feats in a match
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Light Attack Combo - Second Side Light Attack is guaranteed if first one hits.
- Crushing Counterstrike - Top Light Attack has Superior Block property during the Startup. Use it to counter attack. Attack becomes Unblockable after a counter.
Warden Moves and How-To:
- Hilt Strike
- Once you pull your sword out of your opponent, grip the blade and bring the sword guard down upon your opponent piercing them in the neck.
- Guts Then Chops
- Pull the sword up out of your opponent so that you can spin around and cleave through their head.
- Backhand Strike
- Shove your opponent off your blade with a shoulder bash, so you can grip the blade of your sword and bash them across the face with the pommel.
- Spinning Decapitation
- Embed your sword into the side of their neck and, with a spin, pull the blade through.
- Easy To Play, Difficult To Master.
- Easy To Use Combos, that can be started in multiple ways.
- No Specific Strengths (Example: Speed, Damage, Range).
- Heavy Attacks Are Easy To Counter.
Be sure to check out all of our For Honor guides on factions, movesets, combos, etc. all here.
For Honor is an action fighting game developed and published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game features a melee combat system described as "The Art of Battle" by the developers and allows players to play the roles of historical soldiers such as medieval knights, samurai, and vikings within a medieval fantasy setting. Announced at Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015, For Honor was developed by Ubisoft's studio in Montreal, and is set for release worldwide on February 14, 2017.