For Honor is a medieval based 3rd person hack and slash game that puts different factions up against each other. In this guide, we will look at the strengths and weaknesses of the Warlord class and teach you the ropes of how to succeed with this character.
Not born into leadership. They’ve had to earn it through blood, sweat, and steel. To be a Warlord means a life of service to their people. Their shield protects those who cannot fight -- their sword will cut down those who would attempt to cause their people harm. Their fighting style is simple yet brutal. You will always find them leading the charge.
Warlord Faction: Part of the Viking faction.
Warlord Armor: Warlords wear leather and animal pelt over chain mail. This helmet is made of iron and is in the shape of a rounded or peaked cap made from four plates after the span gen helm pattern. This helmet has a rounded cap and has a "spectacle" guard around the eyes and nose which forms a sort of mask.
Warlord Weapon: Poleaxe - Gladius and Shield - The Gladius, paired with a sturdy shield, allows the wielder to deflect blows and get close enough to their target to unleash deadly close range attacks.
- Rush – Trigger this to gain movement speed for a short period of time.
- Deadly – Passive feats – Attacks deal more Damage
- Speed Revive – Passive feats – Rapidly revive fallen teammates.
- Bear Trap – Medium damage trap that will stop victims dead in their tracks.
- Flesh Wound – Passive feats – Gain moderate Damage reduction.
- Juggernaut – You are slowed and gain high Damage reduction.
- Tough as Nails – Passive feats – Raises max Health when unlocked.
- Fury – Raise your sprint speed slightly and defense and attack greatly.
- Punch Through – Passive feats – Deal Damage on Blocked Attacks.
- Auto Revive – Passive feats – When you’re dying, you can revive without the help from other players.
- Regenerate – Passive feats – Regenerate your Health when outside of combat.
- Fire Flask – Throw a projectile at enemy creating a fire area of effect.
Warlord Special Capabilities:
- Defensive properties
onLight and Heavy attacks
- Defensive mode
- Unblockable headbutt
Warlord Fighting Style: Slow and strong, Warlords are great
- Difficulty: Hard
- Type: Hybrid
- Excellent Counter-Attacker
- Good at Disabling Enemies
Warlord's Revenge Mode: Boosts Health and Damage. All of your Attacks are Uninterruptible. Throws and Parry knock down enemies. Attacks are now Auto-Parried upon activation
- Renown - Earn more Renown by assisting or saving Heroes, and defending objectives to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Superior Block Light Attacks - Light Attacks have Superior Block property during the Startup. Use it to counter attacks.
- Uninterruptible Heavy Attacks - Heavy Attacks are Uninterruptable during the Startup. Time them well to trade blows with the enemy.
- Full Block Stance - Block Attacks from all directions. Requires Stamina to activate. Drains Stamina when started and when you Block.
- Shield Bash Uppercut
- After pulling your sword out of your opponent, a headbutt will stun him long enough for you to send him flying with an upward shield bash.
- Head Scissor
- Put your shield and sword on either side of your opponent's head and pull, slicing it clean off.
- Attitude Adjuster
- Shoulder toss your opponent to the other side before bringing your sword down into their chest.
- Beat Down
- With your sword still in your opponent, proceed to bash him a few times with your shield before pulling your weapon out.
Pros: This hero is easily one of the best Defensive characters in the game while having great attack range to enable offensive capabilities.
- Large Health Pool.
- Strong Defensive/Tank Character.
Cons: Stamina management is one of the major issues for this Viking class.
- High Stamina Cost Attacks
- Defense Stance Dependent.
Be sure to check out all of our For Honor guides on factions, move sets, combos, etc. all here.
You can check out the other 3 Viking character guides here: