For Honor is a medieval based 3rd person hack and slash game that puts different factions up against each other. In this guide, we will look at the strengths and weaknesses of the Valkyrie class and teach you the ropes of how to succeed with this character.
The Valkyries have made a deal with the gods. They will fight and earn glory so that those who can’t be counted in the halls of Valhalla. They are scouts and trackers who use their spears and shields to deadly effect. They are chosen by the gods -- pray that you never encounter one on the battlefield.
Valkyrie Faction: Viking
Valkyrie Armor: The Valkyrie
Valkyrie Weapon: Spear and Shield - The spear is a simple weapon: a sharpened metal point at the end of a long wooden shaft. The shield is small and gives little protection. But put them in the hands of a Valkyrie and they are a deadly combination. An attack can come from either and an enemy can find themselves on their back if they are too slow.
- Rush – Tigger to gain movement speed for a short duration.
- Deadly – Passive Feat – Attacks deal slightly more damage.
- Bounty Hunter – Passive Feat – Gain health & Stamina when you kill another hero.
- Bloodlust – Passive Feat – Killing heroes grants temporary attack and defense boosts
Bear trap– set a trap that damages & Stops victims in their tracks.
- Juggernaut – You’re slowed and gain high damage reduction
- Javelin – Throw a javelin for moderate damage.
- Fury – Raise sprint speed slightly, attacks and defense greatly.
- Sharpen Blade – Attacks inflict low damage over time.
- Scout – All enemies are marked for death and show up on radar.
- Fire Flask – Throws a projectile creating a fire effect over an area.
- Regenerate – Passive Feat – Regenerate your health when out of combat.
Valkyrie Special Capabilities:
- Excellent at Takedowns
- Can Use Shield To Attack
Valkyrie Fighting Style: The Valkyrie is versatile and complex. She is a very adaptable Hero and very good at keeping the enemy off-balance.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Keeps Enemies at Bay
- Complex Combos
Valkyrie's Revenge Mode: Boosts Health and Damage. All of your Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and throws knock
- Renown - Renown is balanced across activities.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Superior Block Light Attacks - Light Attacks have Superior Block property during the Startup. Use it to counter attacks.
- Dodge Counter - Your Guard automatically matches the direction of your Dodge, Pouncing
Thrustand Hunter's Strike.
- Full Block Stance on Shield Tackle - Hold Shield Tackle to gain Full Block Stance. It keeps full block property during the charge as well.
- Shield Tackle Cancel - Press RB (XB1), LMB (PC) to Cancel Shield Tackle with a Pouncing Thrust. Press X (XB1), MMB (PC) to Cancel Shield Tackle with a Guardbreak.
- Spear Sweep Finisher - Use Spear Sweep instead of your normal Chain Finisher to surprise your enemy.
- Zone Attack - Cancel Zone Attack after the first Attack with B (XB1).
- The Valkyrie pushes herself against her opponent and stabs their neck.
- She attacks with a vertical slash downwards, she then grabs them and headbutts them.
- Lastly she performs a sweeping attack that knocks the opponent off their feet, followed by a stab downwards into the head/chest.
Pros: This Viking has amazing range and great capabilities with his/her shield that when utilized are great for disabling the enemy hero.
- Long-Mid Range Attacks.
- Great Dodge and Block Abilities.
- Strong Disabler
Cons: This Character is a strong one but also a very difficult one to master. Since you will need to learn a lot of the moves otherwise, you will not get the most out of this character.
- Attack Combo dependent For Damage.
- Stamina Heavy Usage.
Be sure to check out all of our For Honor guides on factions, move sets, combos, etc. all here.
You can check out the other 3 Viking character guides here:
For Honor Raider Guide - Moveset, Combos, Feats & Specials Guide
For Honor Warlord Guide - Moveset, Combos, Feats & Specials Guide
For Honor Berserker Guide - Moveset, Combos, Feats & Specials Guide