Horizon Zero Dawn has plenty of options when it comes to weapons as well as skills within the game. Horizon Zero Dawn’s main character, Aloy’s gear is broken up into an assortment of rarity types. These types are Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), and then Very Rare (purple). In this guide, we will let you know what the best weapons in Horizon Zero Dawn are and how you can acquire them.
The best weapons in the game can be purchased after reaching Meridian in the quest “The City of the Sun”. The variety of weapons within Horizon Zero Dawn allows you to take down different enemies in the most effective of ways, different enemies could need different bullets to be taken down. The more weapons you acquire, the better off you and your character are.
- Shadow Sling
- The shadow sling is a great weapon if you utilize the Ropecaster feature which can fire off different elemental bombs allowing to damage more enemies in a bigger range.
- Costs: 650 Metal Shards, 1 Crystal Braiding
- Ammunition: Freeze, Shock, and Fire bombs
- Shadow Ropecaster
- The Shadow Ropecaster duels well with a sling and allows you to tie enemies down making them unable to move. This works great against bigger machines that carry more power such as the Snapmaws or Corruptors.
- Costs: 500 Metal Shards, 1 Snapmaw Heart
- Ammunition: Ropes
- Shadow Tripcaster
- This is a must have for any players in Horizon Zero Dawn that love to set traps for their enemies to be startled and destroyed by.
- Costs: 750 Metal Shards, 1 Scrapper Heart
- Shadow Hunter Bow
- With a quick reload time and quick action aiming, this is a must for any long range battles. The bow is not only good for less powerful enemies but with fire arrows, it can take down stronger enemies.
- Costs: 650 Metal Shards, 1 Watcher Heart
- Ammunition: Hunter, Hardpoint, and Fire arrows
- Shadow Sharpshot
- This is the same as the Shadow Hunter Bow however it has a slower wind up time but allows for more precision and allows for shooting Tearblast arrows.
- Costs: 800 Metal Shards, 1 Sawtooth Heart
- Ammunition: Precision, Tearaway, and Harvest Arrows
- Shadow Rattler
- The Shadow Rattler is one of the most powerful weapons within Horizon Zero Dawn and offers not only great handling but also plenty of ammunition. It is a highly cost effective item but is worth the investment.
- Shadow Blast Sling
- The Shadow Blast Sling is the most expensive item you can purchase from a merchant in Horizon Zero Dawn. It is useful for dealing with doing damage to enemies considering it is able to fire three different types of ammunition.
- Costs: 1,400 Metal Shards, 1 Lancehorn Heart
- Ammunition: Blast, Proximity, and Sticky Bombs
Horizon Zero Dawn can be a tough game to conquer if you don’t go to battle with the best in supplies. These are the best weapons that you can acquire to guarantee victory in your battles.